Search This Blog

Verify

3/7/08

Here's to endings...and new beginnings

This week was one that will be etched forever in Norman's and my memory. We are thankful it is behind us, yet it marks the beginning of a new journey for our family. For those of you who have been keeping us in your prayers, we are eternally grateful. For those of you who are concerned but have no idea what I'm talking about, please keep us in prayer and trust that in time we will be able to explain this all to you. We are learning that God's most precious gifts may take years and years to unfold, and we may never gain understanding of the journeys we are meant to travel. But what I do know is that I am blessed every day to have my family - my devoted husband, my precious children, and my wonderful friends. These are the things that truly make a person rich.

All my reflections aside, I have to tell you that we are in what they are calling "The Blizzard of 2008". Norman got to come home early today, and we have been staying in and keeping warm. I made two batches of blueberry muffins and a double batch of sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles! There's just something about watching the snow swirl outside and the smell of yummy stuff baking in the oven that makes you feel all warm and cozy. We are supposed to get between 12-15 inches of snow and it isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow night sometime. Hopefully this will be the last Ohio snowstorm we ever see!

I will go ahead and post a timeline of what is ahead for us. This is pretty tentative, but you will get the idea...

April 31st - Be out of our house here in Dayton
May - first week sometime - I take the boys and fly to OK to stay with my family
*Norman will stay here in billeting on base and finish up at work
May - last week - The boys and I will fly out to D.C. and Norman will meet us there
June 1st - MOVE IN DAY in WASHINGTON D.C.!

So thats the plan! Alrighty folks...time for me to get off of here and crawl in bed to watch some tv. Enjoy your weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)