Search This Blog

Verify

6/18/08

Home Sweet Home!

We are so happy to be home safe and sound, but I have to say that none of us was ready to leave!!! We are thrilled to be home, don't get me wrong, but it was so hard to leave when we were having such a wonderful time and felt like there was still so much more to do together out there. It is always so hard to watch my parents say goodbye to the boys; I hate that we aren't able to go home more often, but Norman and I have been talking about trying to add two more trips into the normal visiting routine during the year.

The thing is that as children, you don't really recognize just how blessed you are to have the parents that you do. I truly believe that it isn't until you are able to watch your parents with your own children, that you see just how important that relationship is. Eli learns so much from my parents...whether it's my dad teaching him things about the horses or fishing or some sport...it's just so awesome to get to watch them do things together. Sharing special moments like that...teaching a child something new and exciting, is what children truly remember. The gift of time is so precious. And the boys having the strong spiritual leadership to grow up witnessing is a comfort. We are all so truly blessed.


Well, I think I'm going to wrap this up for tonight. I had to get online to check my Myspace - I'm such an addict!!! lol When I get caught up on rest I'll start getting our Jamaica pictures up. It is so beautiful there!!!! Next year though, we've decided to Turks and Caicos, and we're going to try to organize a group trip for anyone else who would like to go!!! Alrighty peeps...time for me to curl up with my sweetie and watch a bit of television before we hit the sack. I'll be posting pics soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)