Search This Blog

Verify

6/25/08

The Job Hunt

Yesterday I made the most progress in applying places and getting a pretty good response. I have a "pre-interview" phone interview today at 4pm with a local University, so we'll see how that goes. I have called several childcare places this morning to find out what sort of rates I'm looking at, and wow - it is steep. But at least I know how much I am willing to negotiate and what is truly acceptable and unacceptable.

The thing about this job is that I wouldn't have too much to do as far as my wardrobe goes...everything I have is pretty much in the lane of what they require. We'll see...I'm not going to put all my eggs in this one basket; it's the first of hopefully many leads I'll have. This is SOOOOOO way premature, but I would love to get started with a job in the next week or two...

_________________________________________________

Okay, so I completely got busy and forgot I was writing this blog, so now I can update you on how the phone interveiw went! It went well! At least, I think it did. The lady said that they would be setting up the final "in person" interviews with the people they liked over the phone, and that the call would probably come on Friday if I was going to get an interview invitation. So we'll see. So, that's all for now. I'm going to curl up with Eli and watch Hannah Montana. Ciao babies!

1 comment:

Comments make my day!!! :)