Search This Blog

Verify

7/25/08

Avoiding National Treasure 2

I don't have much to write about tonight, but Norman is really into this movie and I just think it is unrealistic and dumb. I do like most movies, but this one is just not up my alley, so hence the blog.

We've had a good couple of days! We have been to Toy's R Us more times than I would like, but we bought this big spring horse for Chase to play with, and as we were putting it together, we found it had no front legs. I seriously didn't want to have to go back to exchange it, and I even considered using this horse as a lesson on how God makes everyone different. (Yes, sad, I know)But seeing as how the stirrups attach to the front legs it did pose a bigger problem so we had to go exchange it. We actually had gone the first time to get Eli a new two wheeled scooter. His old one in Dayton had the one front wheel and two back wheels for younger kids, but he's gotten so much better and is a pro at the 2 wheeled one that he borrowed from our neighbor, so we got him one of those. Kids living in this city take those things everywhere, so we figured it was time for us to jump on board and that way he will enjoy all this crazy walking we do.

We have a picnic for Norman's unit tomorrow, and I will get to meet some of the other wives of the men in Norman's program. I am really looking forward to it, simply for the fact that I get to meet some new gals, but I am dreading having to go out in the middle of the miserable heat and worry about first impressions while I try not to roast. For those of you who know me really well, you know that I am NOT good in extreme weather conditions. I get irritable when I'm too hot, so I am going to try so hard to focus on all the postives of the day. I did buy a new crocheted top to wear with my shorts, so at least there's that. lol

It looks like Nicholas Cage is about to drown in this "Gooneys for adults" movie. Norman just used that phrase and he's so into it he's cute. But the cat is on my side and his ears are flat against his head and obviously irritated by the overly dramatic tale.

Ahhhh well, I'm going to wind this up and get settled for Leno. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post of tomorrow's picnic, and hopefully tomorrow is the brand new start of some good (LOCAL) friendships!!! Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)