Search This Blog

Verify

7/15/08

First Playgroup - Rockville, MD (with pics)

Today was our very first playgroup, and we had a lot of fun! We actually lucked out, because the name of the outing was "Mommy and Me and Daddy Too", and that way since Norman had off of work he could come with us and not feel out of place!!!

Rockville, Maryland is a beautiful city with a gorgeous town square, and the entire square was filled with businesses that set up tables and little activities all for children. They had a big bounce house and story time, plus a little dance recital by some kiddos , face painting, balloon artists...it was really fun! Last night when I was planning our route, I was happy to find out that there was actually a Rockville Metro Stop, so we were able to take the metro and not have to mess with parking and all of that. I am really digging this "drive free" life. I love driving, but it's just so nice to not have to deal with getting kids in and out of the car, and it's so convenient! What cracked me up is that after spending all morning and early afternoon out doing kid stuff, Eli looked up at me and said, "So mom, what are we going to do today?!" Kids are a trip.

But anyway, I'm excited about this playgroup. I actually am in two local groups, and our first playgroup for the other group is this Saturday, and then another one on Tuesday. I am so excited to be getting to know other area mommies, and so hopefully we will start getting out with friends more. I'm also hoping that all the wives (of the guys in Norman's program) will have regular lunch dates/playdates, so that would be nice too. I miss my Ohio friends terribly, so I have got to just get busy and create my little social network here.

Alrighty, something else that is big news - to me at least - is that tomorrow is my 29th birthday. Yep. I have reached my final year of being a "twenty-something". I'm not really sad, or depressed, because for me I have enjoyed getting older, learning more about myself and watching my beautiful babies grow. At least right now I'm enjoying the "aging" process, and all I have to say is that I'm excited to see what this next year brings. And Crystal girl you are next!!!

Okay, I am going to get off of here for now and enjoy the peace and quiet (and a Hershey Bar) while the boys are in bed and I have some time for myself. And I have to say that I totally deserve the Hershey Bar because I can now fit into my skinny shorts comfortably, and only have about 4 more pounds to lose!!! YIPPEE!!! All this walking around here ROCKS!

Here are some pics from our day!!! Ciao for now!! And dad, I hope you are feeling better!! Love you guys!!!!







2 comments:

  1. That's GREAT!! You seem to be adjusting to this move really well. I think you are a city girl at heart!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)