Search This Blog

Verify

9/16/08

So much for getting to bed early...

I thought I would be able to, but I decided to work on more laundry, then I found another spot on the carpet, and now Norman is trying to put more in his schedule (he is loving all these briefings and conferences...Today he heard the guy...the real Michael Vickers...who was portrayed in the movie, Charlie Wilson's War). But anyway, point is this house isn't settling down any time soon so I figured I'd blog on. :)

We have had so many ups and downs this week...sometimes I've been so overwhelmed I haven't been able to just let go of my frustrations and just rest in the understanding that our lives are what God has planned for us. It may not have been in my plans, or my datebook of what would occur in our lives, but we don't have the big picture. And that is hard for someone who likes consistency and a set plan when it comes to most things. But today in my car as I was taking Simon to the groomers, this song came on the radio that spoke to the very heart of my struggles. I had never heard of this guy...Scott Krippayne...but this song was so beautiful. The chorus was what struck me, and I think it was the exact thing I needed today.

Sometimes He calms the storm with a whispered "peace be still"
He can settle any sea, but it doesn't mean He will.
Sometimes He holds us close, and lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm, and other times He calms His child.
It brings me to tears again just reading it. Sometimes it's so easy to forget that we aren't the one who is in control of the big picture...we are simply blessed to be able to be a small part of it for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)