Search This Blog

Verify

1/7/09

Just Great

Okay, I knew that we wouldn't WANT to get out on inauguration day, but I had no idea we wouldn't be ABLE to get out. Good grief people!!! I suppose life is supposed to just stop on this day? *sigh* Perhaps I'm being a bit melodramatic, but SERIOUSLY??? We won't be able to go ANYWHERE...we will be stuck. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll snow a lot so we won't feel so trapped. I suppose I should high-five them on the effort though; they are trying to be reasonable - at least they are allowing pedestrians to WALK ACROSS MEMORIAL BRIDGE. That's only 5,900 feet of a bridge to cross. In the dead of winter. And the ever popular sign you see everywhere pops into my mind...you know the one that says "Bridges freeze before roadways". No thanks...I'll watch the craziness from my window...

In case you want to look at the neighborhood stuff that affects us, I have posted it below... The red stuff is stuff that is right near us or roads used frequently here in Arlington.

```````````````````````````````````````
Virginia Vehicular Restrictions
All vehicular road restrictions will be coordinated between the Virginia State Police, the Virginia Department of Transportation and local jurisdictions. On January 20, 2009, personal vehicles will not be permitted into Washington, D.C., from Virginia.



I-395 north will be closed to general traffic. As a result, northbound I-95 traffic will be diverted onto I-495 North (Inner Loop) or I-495/I-95 East (Outer Loop) at the Springfield interchange.
Eastbound I-66 lanes east of the Capital Beltway/I-495 will be closed to general traffic Eastbound traffic on I-66 will also be diverted onto I-495.
Only authorized vehicles – emergency vehicles, buses, taxis and for-hire limos - will be permitted on I-395 North and I-66 East within the Beltway.
Memorial Bridge will be open to pedestrian traffic only. No motor vehicles will be permitted to cross the bridges.
Key Bridge is restricted to mass transit only
Chain Bridge is restricted to authorized vehicles and mass transit only, no charter buses.
The Woodrow Wilson and the American Legion bridges will have no traffic restrictions.
North Washington Street at Montgomery Street (City of Alexandria City) to Reagan National Airport will be closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)