Search This Blog

Verify

4/19/09

14 Years Ago Today…

Oklahoman's experienced something that we will never forget.  Timothy McVeigh bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.  Today we all remember the 168 people who lost their lives, and the more than 800 who were wounded on that terrible day.  I took these pictures just a short time after the bombing, and will never forget going there and seeing it first-hand.  Our prayers are with the families and friends who lost their loved ones. 

OKCBombing1 OKCBombing2 OKCBombing3

1 comment:

  1. I remember it so vividly. I was leaving class at Southwestern Oklahoma State University, headed to work at Local Federal Bank when I heard it on the radio. Only three days later, Dr Varanassi found a tumor in my chest cavity that would later be identified as Hodgkin's Disease. Days later, after a bone marrow biopsy, we went to the sight, and this is exactly what we saw. We will never forget this horrible time, but as Oklahomans, we can look back and see how much we can overcome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)