Search This Blog

Verify

7/10/09

A bit of our day…

We all had a great day.  Chase spent his day at preschool, which he loves.  Eli and I spent the day doing different things…I got some laundry done, Eli played with some friends, then I played with Eli at the park, got more cleaning done, Eli played more, we picked Chase up from preschool, and then we spent our evening doing this…
BounceHouse1
BOUNCING!  The weather has been so cool today I figured it was perfect weather to pull this out.  The boys had a ball, and we attracted many neighborhood kids, who had to sit down in a line in front of my house and rotate in and out of the bounce house.  A great time was had by all, and I didn’t even mind finishing up my ironing when it was time to come in! :)  
bounceHouse2
BounceHouse3
BounceHouse4

In the morning we are all going to see an awesomely special showing of Ice Age II.  It is specifically for kids with autism, and they don’t turn the lights out all the way, they let you bring your own food, they turn the sound down on the movie…and if your kid talks or makes noise you don’t have to worry!!!  :)  A HUGE thing with Eli is that he is super sensitive to sounds, so having the volume turned down a bit will be a great thing for him!  The Autism Society of America hosts these autism-friendly movies once a month, and this is the first one we have been able to plan to go see.  We are super excited! 

OH! And Eli starts his one-on-one swimming lessons on Tuesday! We are keeping super busy, and things are just going so well.  It’s good days like these that make me want another baby…until I have a crappy day and then I wonder what in the heck I was thinking :).    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Ciao peeps!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a nice day! How awesome that they have autism-friendly movies once a month! I bet you will have such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy!!! Just let me know when y'all are coming this way...we're not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on what you've been up to. That is a great thing they do with the movie, I hope everyone enjoyed it. I like your post about the 4 th of July too- alone, I was alone.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)