Search This Blog

Verify

8/20/09

My parent’s visit – Day 1

My parents were able to come up and stay with us for a few days last week, and it was a wonderful treat to have them here!  If only they didn’t have those pesky farm animals to take care of we’d insist they come more often ;).  Just kidding M & D. 

They flew in late Saturday night, and I decided that I wanted to go get them.  The drive up there was pretty nightmarish, as I accidentally ended up heading to Fort Meade  but not intending to, as my GPS said it was taking me to a Target.   I was needing a coffee maker, so my dad could have coffee.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute.  Then I nearly drove off a cliff trying to do a 3 point turn in the middle of a highway in the dark.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  So I pick up my parents – hug hug, get in the car, nearly wreck on the way back home, get honked at (thankfully it was dark so we couldn’t actually see who we nearly broadsided), and then made it home with my parents, who I’m  pretty sure were  thanking God they made it safe and sound. 

Sunday we went to church, then to Wal Mart where my parents bought Eli a “big boy” bike.  :) He loves it, but it’s a bit big for him so he’ll have to grow a bit before it’s a perfect fit.  Later on that afternoon Chase and my mom and I went to the O-Club pool and Chase learned how much he loved jumping off of the big diving board!  Eli and Norman and my dad stayed at home and worked with Eli on the basketball court with his bike.  So day one was just pretty relaxing. 

I didn’t take any pictures until Day 2, so stay tuned for them…cause there are a lot of them! :)  M & D we miss you already!!!

6 comments:

  1. What an exciting week. I like the new blog color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Gil's first "big boy" car...he could control it with pushing his foot down on the pedal... it's still here right now...right beside me where I sit on my computer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny about buying a coffee maker - we had to do the same thing for my parents' visit to Germany...Paul and I are not coffee drinkers, so our coffee pot was used a total of I think 3 times in the three years we lived there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Love grandparents! I know I haven't been visiting too much this summer, but you are still one of my faves! I have an award for you on yesterdays post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)