Search This Blog

Verify

2/2/11

A Work In Progress

That’s what our lives have become…and I suppose that God intended it that way, but it sure would have been easier if there weren’t so many hard choices to make, paths to choose, and mountains to climb. 

We are still working on getting Eli on the right meds, and he had another (short) 8 day stint in LR.  Today at his doctors appointment another situation has decided to make itself known, and we face yet another struggle with him that I am not yet fully prepared to talk to anyone about yet.  And by anyone, I mean anyone.  All I can do is ask for prayers for Eli and for all of us as we struggle to understand Eli and help him as best as we can.  I don’t know why God blessed us with him…I don’t know why He felt we were strong enough to handle all the issues that this precious little soul has going on inside of him, but I just want to help him. 

Norman found out that he has degenerative arthritis in his back.  After years of suffering back pain and doctors either doing nothing, throwing Motrin at him and showing him the door, or just not even being able to get any help whatsoever, he finally was able to get some X-rays and some answers.  We aren’t sure what all this means yet, but at least maybe someone will do something about it now.  As far as the sleep apnea, still no news, help, or info on that.  That’s the caring military way for ya. 

Chase is doing well.  He’s his happy, cheery self, and just enjoys being outside and playing on his swing set. 

I started seeing a therapist for my anxiety issues that the military caused.  I have come full circle from thinking that if you say that you talk to a therapist or a counselor that it meant you were weak.  But what I’ve come to realize is that I’m just human.  Where my weaknesses are, are where others find their strength.  And it takes talking through things to get a different perspective, a different view, and an ability to heal.  I am so proud of my husband and everything he has accomplished in his career, I just don’t want to let those idiots at Barksdale in the medical group ruin the pride that I have in our military and in my family.  So that is my work in progress.  Moving on from Barksdale and the Nazi idiots in the med group there. 

We are each faced with challenges…and for me, my biggest challenge is knowing when to ask for help.  So for now I’m proud of myself that I am being honest with where I am, who I am, and where I want to go from here.  But most of all I am just thankful to have the family that I do and all of the support that I have.  I am blessed.

Staceycrochetheart

4 comments:

  1. Just said a little prayer for ya. I never minded talking to a counselor. They are someone you can tell anything to, and they can't tell anyone else about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear all of this. If it makes you feel any better, there are hardly any moms in my support group (for moms of kids with AS) who haven't needed therapy and/or meds themselves. It is very stressful.
    Hope Norman is able to get some help and relief from his pain and that you will feel the peace you truly need. I am also hoping an praying for Eli to get the help and support you are looking for so he can be manageable.
    Hopefully I got that all right. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're blessed to have you baby. We would be nothing without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys so much. I know I have been horrible about keeping up with you guys' blogs, and I am so sorry about that. You are always in my thoughts and prayers, and appreciate the constant support you have provided me over the years. You truly bless me even when I fall short and don't deserve it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)