Search This Blog

Verify

1/24/14

Imagine Dragons

Getting back into the blogging habit has been incredibly hard!  Especially considering I have been really getting into listening to new indie bands in the evenings and driving my husband crazy with my, "Norman! You have GOT to hear this!".  He has been very patient with me, but seriously, there are some really great bands out there.  One in particular I am so head over heels with, it's not even funny.  They are called Imagine Dragons.  I first heard about them when I got through reading this book on my Kindle called "Falling Into You".  At the end of the book, the author listed all of the music she listened to that inspired her as she was writing the book.  As it just so happened, there was this huge list, and I just happened to pick one with an interesting name...Imagine Dragons.  The song is, "It's Time", and oh my goodness, let me tell you the song blew me away.  And then I found Demons by the same group!  That song did more than blow me away....it ripped my soul out, and I just cried.  They truly are a magnificent group.  And then I found out they did the cover for the Hunger Games "Catching Fire"!  How crazy is that.  To find a never heard of band and find that not only are now they are my favorite group, but that they played the songs for one of my favorite movies.  And tonight I heard one of their songs sung by a contestant on American Idol. 

I will continue to drive poor Norman crazy with my obsession until another one comes along...but that might be awhile.  Check them out...

                                 
It's Time -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sENM2wA_FTg       

Demons -                                                                                                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRsgZuwf_8&list=RDmWRsgZuwf_8&feature=player_detailpage            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)