Search This Blog

Verify

9/17/15

It's amazing how one little thing like having a local doctor to go to, that you know will be your PERMANENT doctor, can make you happy!  In the 14 years I have been married, we have been in a constant state of moving. The longest we were in any one place was when we were in Alabama, and even so, we were only there for four years. We hated it there, but that's beside the point.  The point is that we were stable in a location.

This morning I had a doctor's appointment in an actual family practice...not an urgent care or E.R...but an actual family practice.  I wanted to finally get established in one place and combine all my medical records; something I haven't been able to do for years.  The place was great, and it just made for a great day, even though I don't feel 100%.

I am really liking being back in the DFW area.  Our local area is awesome, the kids love their school, and we are so close to downtown Dallas, that activities are literally minutes away.  The only thing that would make it perfect is to be in a house, but we are working on that.  All in all, civilian life is shaping up to be pretty good :).

I am finally finished with this week's papers and assignments for school.  The days that I spend all day focusing on studying for them and then writing them just wipe my brain out.  I'm happy with my grades, and with my classes, and I've even connected with a couple classmates, so this is turning out to be a good experience so far.  I was really apprehensive about going back to school at 36, but better late than never, right!?!  :)

Alright, that's all for today.  Pretty boring post, but I'm trying to get back into the regular blogging habit!  I'm looking forward to all the fun fall stuff coming up; that will be much more blog worthy than papers and house hunting.  Happy early Friday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)