Search This Blog

Verify

9/16/15


Wow, every time I think I'm going to get back on the blogging wagon, I fall off after one post.  I think things might be settling down some, so I am going to try this...AGAIN!

Norman has been working in his civilian job for 8 months now, and all I can say is THANK THE LORD FOR STABILITY!  We are finally house hunting, although I have a feeling this is going to be a long process.  We have looked at hundreds online and only a couple in person, so I am not expecting to be in a house by Christmas, which is what we had hoped.  Or, perhaps that was more my hope since I have this insane need to have a huge Christmas tree up this year.  It just doesn't feel like Christmas without it, and I feel like I am letting the kids down by not having the "traditional" home.  I have to remind myself we are so blessed, and I can't worry about everything.  We just need to focus on finding the RIGHT house, and not a house RIGHT NOW.  I don't want to end up in something we will all regret.

In happier news, last week I was able to go on a 5 day adventure with my dear friend Misty, who lives here in the Dallas area.  We flew out to NYC and got to see Jersey Boys on Broadway, we saw Sleep No More, an off-Broadway adaptation of Macbeth, we toured the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, The Natural History Museum, the 9/11 Museum, the One World Trade Observation Deck, shopped at Century 21 (The Department Store...not the realty company!), Tiffany's, Swarovski, H & M, and we got to see Ellen DeGeneres and Mario Lopez!  OH, plus we walked the Brooklyn Bridge, which meant we walked from Brooklyn to Manhattan, and oh my, my feet were killing me!! :)  We had a ball, and to get to take that kind of a trip with a dear friend is a special experience for sure.  Those are just some of the highlights of the trip...we had every minute planned, and it was amazing.  I literally have the best husband ever to let me go off like that and have some mommy recovery time, while he stayed home and took care of the boys.





I am also well into my first semester of grad school.  I am enjoying it so far, but I do believe my brain is turning into mush with all the reading and hard thinking :).  It is hard to believe it has been 14 years since I have been in school, and it is a welcome change in my routine.  The boys are getting older, and I am ready to start working doing something I WANT to do.  I don't want to have a job for the sake of having a job.  I want to do something that I'm passionate about, so hopefully I will be able to find a job that I enjoy in the field of psychology somewhere.  We shall see!

Well, thats all for now.  It's been awhile since I've been on here, so shoot me a message if you're following me on here.  Who knows, it may help me be more consistent!  All I know is that I have got to have a place to take a break in between papers for my classes, and this seems like the perfect outlet.

Below are a few of my unedited photos from NY....enjoy!  And if you get the chance to take a trip up to NY, don't let it pass you by.  NYC is the most phenomenal place!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)