Search This Blog

Verify

1/22/17

Where I Stand on the Women's March

I have gone back and forth about 8,000 times on whether or not I wanted to put my thoughts down about this Million Woman March aka Women's March .  I decided to put my thoughts down and decide later as to whether or not I will publish this or not, because I know that truthfully people don't have enough respect for each other to agree to disagree... no, women especially will only be kind and civil to those who agree with them, especially in this political environment.  

I am first and foremost a Christian.  Next, I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, and on top of that I am the wife of a retired Airman...someone who fought for everyone's right to have freedom of speech.  Because of this, and because of the fact that this blog is my platform, I will try to put down some of my thoughts as to why the women who took to the streets with their signs, speakers, and outrage, did NOT represent me.  

I am pro-life.  I am friends with people who are pro-choice.  Let me say that again.  I have MANY friends who are indeed, pro-choice, while I am 100% pro-life.  We respect each other's right to their own beliefs, and in this country we have the freedom to believe what we want.  You respect me, and I will respect you all day long.  I recognize that my husband's military service is for EVERYONE, regardless of race, gender, faith, etc.  I respect that.  But this march was deeply disrespectful to women who are #prolife . 

There was so much talk about women uniting...women coming together as sisters...women meeting together to support one another; however, the march that occurred yesterday was for those with only a "pro-choice" agenda.  It was made absolutely clear to everyone who followed the #womensmarch on Twitter that groups who tried to register as being pro-life were denied their participation requests.  Did pro-life women actually march?  Yes.  There were many women who went anyway to make their voice in this "all inclusive march for women" heard.  They were spat on, signs torn up, and even physically pushed.  

Many tweets such as this one were seen everywhere...  



UNACCEPTABLE that the Women's March is including anti-abortion groups. Safe abortion is a human right; you can't be a feminist & oppose it.


Not long after tweets like this came pouring in, ALL pro-life groups were denied passes to march.  I'm sorry...you are fighting for human rights, yet you believe it is your right to KILL a human being because it is an inconvenience? And before you start spouting off about some abortions being necessary to save the life of the mother, look up the stats on that. Or I can help you out. According to www.abortionfacts.com, "While he was United States Surgeon General, Dr. C. Everett Koop stated publicly that in his thirty-eight years as a pediatric surgeon, he was never aware of a single situation in which a freeborn child's life had to be taken in order to save the life of the mother. He said the use of this argument to justify abortion in general was a “smoke screen.”

1 Percent Save Life

So this is a march for women, meant to empower and strengthen women, and yet you exclude a large part of the population who want to protect the lives of the little baby girls that you want to abort...makes complete sense to me. I am still left speechless. To have a women's march and exclude certain groups that don't fit into your agenda is very divisive. You could have organized this march to be for all women, from all backgrounds and all beliefs, and I could have respect for that. I believe in marches. I believe in protesting. I have taken my children to protest things to show them that I have a voice and so do they. But Woman's March - you created an event that specifically excluded a large group of women while screaming for acceptance yourselves...you are the definition of hypocrisy.

I saw and heard so many things today about how the march was a success, and how they did such a wonderful thing. But let me ask you...what actually was accomplished? You were screaming about women in poverty...did you donate money to a cause? Did you open your home or feed the poor? Did you pledge to give more to charity this year, or go to a women's shelter to visit those women who are abused and alone with nothing to their name? You were screaming about impoverished children while listening to celebrities who have all the money they could ever want, yet spend thousands on shoes and handbags instead of adopting children and giving what they have to those children, foundations that raise funds for them, and bringing awareness to this horrible tragedy.

You talk about empowering women, but one of your march organizers, Linda Sarsour is PRO SHARIA LAW, and she has confirmed ties to Hamas. Ummm....say what? Do you even understand what the impact of that is? If you are/were a supporter of the march, I suspect not. So lets look at this more closely. What is Sharia Law? Sharia Law is the law of Islam and it comes from the words and teachings of Muhammad. Here are a list of rules (not all...just a few) that must be adhered to. Please pay attention to the restrictions placed on women. This is why I am absolutely speechless...we have women who are pro-Sharia Law, screaming for equal rights and wearing the hijab because they aren't allowed to show their hair. That screams equality to me... I digress.
Sharia Law
  • Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand.
  • Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
  • Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
  • Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
  • A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
  • A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
  • A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
  • A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
  • A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
  • A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
  • A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
  • A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
  • Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
  • A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
  • A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
  • A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
  • A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
  • A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
  • Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
  • Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Did you catch this one? "A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a mans". So what is a woman worth? How much is she trusted? HALF as much as a man. Yet these women are firmly sticking to their faith, clearly believe the teachings of the Quran , and so what SHOULD be the logical conclusion we come to about these women and their motives? Perhaps it is that they are following the practice of Taqiyya and they are doing whatever is necessary to advance THEIR faith and THEIR agenda of converting as many sheep as possible.  It's working, right?  How many people research the founders of a movement if the whole idea is made to be so appealing to people?  Surely something that sounds so awesome as a woman's march wouldn't have some ulterior motive.  

"We the people" are a naive bunch.  Those women that protested yesterday...those same women who screamed for men to make their sandwiches because their place wasn't in the kitchen...they left an utter and embarrassing mess behind when they departed.  This just smacks of class doesn't it? 




No, those women do not speak for me, they don't inspire me, and they don't encourage my belief that we are heading in a positive direction.  Frankly, all the march did give me was an incredible amount of sadness at what our children have to look forward to for examples and role models when it comes to women and leadership in the future. 

Come on ladies...research.  Do your homework.  Don't follow a popular movement without knowing exactly where it leads, because you may find yourself in a very, very bad place. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)