Search This Blog

Verify

3/18/17

Family, Friends, and Growing Pains







Our Spring Break was earlier than I think most of the country's, so it was tough trying to get back into a routine while seeing everyone else's vacation photos.  We got really lucky though, that my cousin's kiddos were on Spring Break this past week and came to visit my aunt and uncle who live near us.  On Tuesday, we were able to get the kiddos together for some time at Urban Air Trampoline Park, and then we had fun swimming at our house and had a cookout.  The boys adore the girls, so we were so happy to get to spend time with them.


I took Eli clothes shopping on Thursday because he said his shoes were getting a big snug.  My child has jumped from size 10 to size 12 in men's shoes, and we had to basically buy him an entire new wardrobe.  He is only 13, but he's nearly 5'8" and wears a size 32 length in pants.  INSANE!  He's definitely been hitting some major growth spurts.

Last night...Friday, Norman and I had a bit of an insane day, so we relieved our frustrations by whacking golf balls at Top Golf with some friends of ours.  The food was really good, as well as the company :), and I actually hit the ball, so I call the evening a complete success.  I can definitely feel it in my shoulders today!

  

I am super excited for this upcoming weekend...I am meeting a friend for a girls weekend at the Houston Rodeo, and we are going to see Brad Paisley!  It's my first time trying out AirBnB, so I'll be sure to take lots of photos.  I'm also struggling to find any cowboy boots that I actually like, which should be a crime in Texas, but my goal is to find them before Wednesday.

That's about all for now.  We are staying super busy and just looking forward to summer.  I think I write that every post, but seriously...we are so over this school year already.  I'm not ready for storm season though.  This has already been a crazy storm season, and we haven't even started it yet.  Between being hit by the tornado on Christmas Day and getting stuck in a tornado warning/town shut down when we were on our Spring Break in Branson, MO, I am dreading what may happen once we actually get into the busy spring storm season.  I guess I'll just say my prayers and cross my fingers and toes that I've met the quota for this lifetime.

I'll post rodeo/concert photos next week!  Have a great rest of your weekend peeps!  XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I like this web blog so much, saved to favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking into a handful of the articles on your site,
    I seriously appreciate your way of blogging.
    I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back
    in the near future. Please visit my website too and let me know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
    I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)