Search This Blog

Verify

3/11/17

Spring Break 2017




Spring Break for our school district came earlier than most other districts, so when we decided to take a last minute trip to Branson, MO, it was easy to book our trip.  Branson gets sort of a bad name...a lot of people think it's only for the over 50 crowd, but that couldn't be further from the truth.  It's one of our favorite places to visit, and since it's only a 7 hour drive, it's an easy trip for us to make.

We did a lot of relaxing in our condo and enjoyed eating at some really fun places.  We got to see an amazing show called Moses at the Sight and Sound Theatre.  The sets were amazing...they blew a lot of actual broadway show sets that I have seen out of the water.  From a flying angel to animals running around the theatre...it was absolutely amazing. Go to YouTube and look up a trailer to the show; it will be running another 8 months or so, and it is so worth the trip to go check it out. 
              

We also got to visit a really hands on zoo, which was pretty amazing.  We all got to feed alligators, sea turtles, and sharks, and even better than that, we got to get into an enclosure with Dingos and play with them for about 20 minutes!  They were super sweet, and the smallest one loved to be carried around, which Chase just ate up.  He carried him around like a baby pretty much the whole time we were in there.  



We also visited the Butterfly Palace.  I have been wanting to visit there for a very long time, and it did not disappoint.  They give you a vial of nectar that attracts the butterflies to you, and they literally swarm around you.  Chase was adamant that we absolutely had to go, and I'm so glad we did.  






And of course a vacation isn't a vacation if you don't eat at some amazing places.  Our two favorite places in Branson to eat are Pasghettis and Cakes-n-Creams 50's Diner.

So that about sums up our week!  We love to travel and expose the boys to new adventures.  I am not sure if it's the military life part of me, but I get cabin fever and need to get out and explore. I also think it's super important for the boys to grow up knowing that there is more to life than what is in their hometown.  I am really looking forward to our summer travels; at least we are on the downhill slide to summer.  I think I can, I think I can...

This week we will be getting the boys together with my cousin's kiddos, and I am really excited about that.  I'm so glad to see the kids cultivating relationships with family and growing up with cousins the way I did.  My cousin Chad was like a brother to me during my childhood, so it's really awesome to me that my kiddos get to grow up with theirs.  

Ciao peeps!  Hope you are having a great weekend and have a fantastic upcoming week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)