Search This Blog

Verify

4/4/17

Houston Rodeo and Fun With Friends

My computer decided to bite the dust a few weeks ago, so I've been (impatiently) waiting for my new baby to come in.  My last two computers were colored...pink followed up by red, so decided to change things up this time and go with teal :).  It's the little things that make me happy, and looking at this pretty color cheers me up.  Unfortunately about a week after mine died, Norman's computer decided to die as well, so he is currently waiting on his to come in.  We should be set computer wise for awhile...unless our desktop decides to bite the dust too, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it holds together for a while longer.  Eli does a lot of his school work on it though, so that one is pretty necessary around here.




We have been pretty busy here so this post will be a brief catch up on what we've been up to. One thing I will say is that we have been super lucky to have bought a house with a heated pool.  We have been taking advantage of it, and the boys have had friends over to swim and play pool basketball as well as us having our own friends over for cookouts and relaxing time with our family friends.  The kiddos love the pool lights that change colors, and it is just such a fun way to spend time together with family and friends, I will never live in a house without a pool...and a heated pool at that :).  We are very blessed to not only have the pool for our own kids, but for us to have to spend time with friends and neighbors.



Two weekends ago, I got to go to the amazing Houston Rodeo, with my husband's cousin for a girls weekend, and the rodeo and Brad Paisley concert was absolutely amazing.  My favorite events are the calf scramble and the mutton bustin', which we got to see.  It was so nice to get away and experience a little country atmosphere at the rodeo.  It felt like coming home in a lot of ways, and it made me miss my stockshow days.  We decided to make this a yearly thing, but I also came home telling Norman that I want to make it a family thing too...the boys would have loved it!



When I got home on Sunday night, we were hit by a major hail storm...what a way to kick off the spring storm season!  I love the spring storms, but I could definitely do without the hail and tornadoes.


Last night I hosted the neighborhood ladies book club.  The book was The Shack, but I have to be honest and say that I hated it and found it difficult to get through.  I don't agree from a religious standpoint with so much of what was in the book, that once I got to the 63% mark in the book I had to just stop reading it altogether.  It was nice to meet a bunch of women in my neighborhood, though, and we snacked, had wine, and there was a lot of laughing and crazy story telling.  I definitely need to up my walking to get rid of all the snacking I did.  :)  The best part of the evening was after all the ladies left, I got about an hour or so to just talk with my best friend.  We never take the time to just catch up because we are both busy going different directions, but we have decided another girls trip is in order, so we have started planning a trip for this summer.  We went to NYC two summers ago, and we are looking forward to making new memories and getting to explore another part of the country.  I am very thankful for the fact that we have husbands who don't mind letting us take off and leave them in charge of the kiddos. Our tentative plan is to start out in Charleston and visit some historic battleground sites, do a haunted battlefield tour or two, visit some plantations, and work our way up the coast a bit hitting a lot of the historic sites.  I am really looking forward to it!

Between that trip, and the family trip Norman and I are taking with the kids (Williamsburg, VA, over the 4th of July, and then finishing up with a few days in D.C.), I am going to get an awesome amount of historical travel in.  I am so excited and ready for that.

So on that note, I'm gonna wind this up. On our agenda, we have small group tomorrow, Eli has art class and youth group, then Constitution Class (maybe) on Thursday, and hopefully swimming this weekend!  :) You all have a fantastic week!

Ciao Peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)