Search This Blog

Verify

9/20/17

Summer Vacation Part II - NO KIDS!

I was sitting down to start the itinerary for our upcoming trip in November to an undisclosed location (it's a surprise birthday trip for Eli who may read this blog, so if you really want to know where we are headed, check out my facebook!), and I figured I needed to finish up our summer vacation blog before I got too bogged down with pictures!

My parents were so awesome to take the boys for an entire week so that Norman and I could get away, so we spent a week in Las Vegas.  It was sooooo nice to be able to sleep in, eat at nice restaurants, do cool things like go ziplining down Fremont Street and see the Hoover Dam as well as raft down the Colorado River.  I'm not going to spend forever talking about the trip...I thought a picture post would be more fun, so here are some of my favorite pictures!

Ready for our rafting trip!
Hoover Dam

Colorado River
On the left side of the picture you can see a hot spring that is coming out of the side of the cave wall.  The Colorado River temp is around 55 degrees, but that hot spring has the temperature of about 105!


Mountain Sheep...yes, they call them sheep...not goats.  Not sure why.  I took this with my mega zoom lens, and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality I got from such a far distance.  These animals were WAAAAY up on a cliff!

Fremont Street

Wearing hospital gowns to eat at the Heartattack Cafe!



We went ziplining down Fremont Street!

Here we are with our harnesses on, ready to zipline!


Awww!  Love him!


This is the largest piece of the Titanic ever recovered.  It's part of the ships hull.


Bellagio Gardens




A performer at a Cirque Du Soleil show


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)