Search This Blog

Verify

6/19/18

SNEAK PEAK!

Norman leaves on Thursday! THIS Thursday!  And holy smokes, we just are trying to keep our wits about us as we do everything that needs to be done.  Unfortunately with Norman's immediate start date for work, the packing and moving company couldn't get us on the books early enough for us to be able to make the drive out to D.C. together.  It ended up working out though, because there really is too much to do in this short amount of time.  

I'm thankful that it gives the boys a chance to go to church camp with their friends...that is so important, but we are having to leave a day early so that I can make it in time for closing.  Oddly enough, Norman will be going out first, but with his work, I need to be there to do the closing on the house.  This has been the craziest home buying situation ever. I picked it out without Norman there, he will do the walk through before closing and will see it for the first time then, and then I go and do the closing without him with a Power of Attorney.  That is teamwork lol!  

This house is one I never thought I'd own, but I am already so in love with it.  The style of homes in the northeast is so different.  I don't think...scratch that...I absolutely would never have considered buying a town-home in any other part of the country.  But in that part of the U.S. - especially in an area like Old Town Alexandria, town-houses are just the norm.  It's one of the first things that made me fall in love with that area; the architecture is just so beautiful.  You can literally envision cobblestone streets and hear the clip clop of a horse's hooves as it pulls a carriage down the street.  The history, the style...up in the northeast...town-homes...they are just so abundant, so that's what we bought!   So with that said, I will show you a sneak peak of the house!  These are the staged photos, of course. The only one that is mine is the first one.  The rest are from the listing photos.  I'm only posting 3 or 4 because it's not our stuff in there :). It's not decorated in my style, and I want to wait until we are moved in and settled before I post any more. But this gives you an idea of our new home!  The irony is that we had decided before we got this job that the next time we bought a home we would have a ranch style home with no stairs.  I had been adamant about it.  And yet here we are, with a town- home that has 3 levels, and we absolutely could not be any happier than we are.  

We are just so grateful to God for opening these doors to allow us to not only have this dream that at times felt so far-fetched, but that He made this dream come true.  We still look at each other in shock that this thing...this THING that we have wanted and imagined for 9 years, is actually happening.  There are two things I know for sure.  1. Dreams are well and good, but 2.  You have to pray, and pray a lot, but that isn't enough.  You have to work so hard to go out and grab that dream to make it come true.  Norman did that, and I will be forever grateful.  

So with that said...here's our (almost ours but not until July 2nd) home!



I want to paint the shutters red to match the front door.  That color brown is just not happening. :) And same with the garage door. We gotta do something to it because it just looks sad. lol


This is the formal dining area and past that is the formal living room which opens out onto the deck.


This is the view from the formal living room looking into the formal dining area and past that is the kitchen.  


This is the bottom level which will have our office setup and comfy couch with the boys X-Box and other gaming systems.  This will be our family room and where we spend most of our time.  The family we are buying it from has small children, so they blocked off the fireplace to childproof it.  It's an actual wood burning fireplace, so I am so excited to not have a fake gas fireplace. :) The sliding doors lead out to the deck and fenced yard.  I can't wait to put fairy lights in the ceiling top part of the patio.  I'm thinking of putting lattice and ivy with string lights throughout, and decorative sheer outdoor curtains tied together in sections all along the edge of the patio to make it cozy.  There is a porch swing already installed and just waiting for us to come relax in it. :)  I hope to spend a lot of time out there with friends and family making memories in this new home...a new start...with such a brilliant, magnificent city just minutes away.  I am one blessed girl.  💖


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)