Search This Blog

Verify

10/16/18

105 Days




I just took the time to count how long we have been in this beautiful townhome of ours...and it has been 105 days.  Never in my wildest dreams when we moved here, did I contemplate ever leaving here.  The home is truly adorable, and it is bigger than a lot of townhomes in the area.  Granted, moving from 4,000 sq ft in Texas to 2000 is difficult no matter how you slice it, but it seemed perfect.  The commute for Norman was a breeze, and the proximity to Kingstowne is great...Soooo, you may be wondering where I'm headed with this. As if the picture didn't give it away.

For those of you following our journey for awhile, you might remember that I fell down a flight of stairs in a horrible accident in 2012.  My balance has never been great, but that concussion and TBI just did me in.  My balance is...well...let's just say I'm off kilter most of the time even on flat surfaces, so these steep stairs are causing me more problems than anticipated.  I have broken my tailbone just since we moved in from tripping on the stairs, and the other falls have made my other disc issues worse.  

I went in Tuesday for a discography, which totally sucks by the way, bc they insert needles into your discs and you have to tell them how badly it hurts.  Not fun.  I do have to have surgery to repair my discs, but it can't happen until I'm out of this townhome.  Soooo...on day 105 of ownership here, we have a coming soon sign in our yard, and professional photos are being taken tomorrow (well, technically today).  I am heartbroken and still in shock over all of this, but, I have to get my back taken care of and get into a more suitable environment for me regarding my balance issues.  

The house isn't the problem...it's the defective owner that's the problem.  We know that the market slows down considerably after Thanksgiving, so we are praying for a quick offer and an easy sale process.  Worst case scenario it drags out until spring, but given our proximity to Van Dorn Metro, I'm hoping that won't be the case.

So yep, we are moving again.  We have vowed that this will be the last time, because I'm tired. My body is tired and broken, the kids are needing to not move again, so it's time.  We are going to be more picky this time and make sure this next is it.  We are all so ready to finally unpack and get 100% settled.  Say a prayer for us...cross your fingers...whatever it is you do.  We would be so grateful.

And on a side note, I received a message asking how people can leave comments bc it's not clear.  If you look under this post, you will see "no comments". Click that to start the comment thread, then after that it will say 1 comment, and click there to leave comment #2 and so on.  This layout is weird.  I love the private messages, but come on guys, comments are cool too!!! 😁😁😁

I hope you have a fantastic week!  Drop me a line and let me know how you are!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)