Search This Blog

Verify

5/8/19

Israel Trip 2019

Sometimes things come about in the most unexpected way, and as of right now we are booked and paid for a trip I only could have hoped to take at some point in my life.  Never in a million years would I have expected to be looking at this trip, booked just a few months from now, for all 4 of us!

Last year my parents took a trip to Israel and it was the most amazing trip.  When I was a little girl, I remember my grandma telling me about her trip to the Holy Lands.  And then my parents got to go.  But now...We get to go!!!! It's a 9 day trip with a group, and we have a jam packed schedule of hiking up mountains only read about in the Bible...seeing the River Jordan...taking a boat out on the Sea of Galilee...visiting Gethsemane...we are over the moon. 

We have our appt to renew my passport and to get the boys their first passports.  Their first international trip is definitely one that most people only dream of being able to do once in their lives.  I am so thankful that we homeschool and can jump at a chance like this.  We have never taken a trip this structured before, and never with a tour group,  and we cannot wait.  

I've already started prepping the boys on the food situation, and I know we will come back all a few pounds lighter.  Walking all  day, climbing Masada, along with having food that is probably not something we would choose on our own...maybe this will be the best diet ever! 😅 We have a few months before we go, but we are just so thrilled.  What an amazing opportunity to grow closer to God, and to bring the Bible to life.  I am so thankful for this unbelievable opportunity.  We absolutely cannot wait!!!  Be forewarned...after we get home I will probably be blogging about Israel for the next year!!! ❤️ My heart is so happy!!!

Ciao friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)