Search This Blog

Verify

9/9/19

It's been a minute!

Gosh...I cannot believe so much time has gone by since I blogged last!  Admittedly, we have just been doing the day to day mundane stuff, but it still is crazy how time gets away from me.  We are now only 60 days away from our trip to Israel!!! I can't believe it...it is really sneaking up on me.  I still can't believe we get to go on such an amazing trip.  I've never done a guided tour, much less a 10 day completely jam packed trip like this.  I am so excited that the boys get to have this experience with us...and not just with us, but with my parents too.  It was such a snap decision on our part...my parents told us they were going for a second time, and before I knew it, the words "we want to go" flew out of my mouth, and now here we are! 😀 I guess I still have a tiny bit of spontaneity in me despite turning 40.  This is a HUGE bucket list trip for us, and I can't wait.  I will probably be blogging about this for 6 months after we get back! 

I am still seeing the spine doctors, and Norman is too.  I have a nerve block/epidural scheduled for this Thursday, and I am praying it works.  I have 6 appointments to get out of the way before my surgeon will schedule anything more invasive, and at this point I'm ready for invasive.  I now understand how back injuries can be completely debilitating, and I feel for anyone experiencing that.  It makes me so sad that Norman is dealing with the same issue, but hopefully our doctors will get us all straightened out.

We have decided that we will move back to Oklahoma...crazy right?  I never thought that I would want to move back, but after some big decisions were made about our farm, I really felt a need to get back home and to be near family.  We decided to build our next home and make it a one floor house, and I am actually really excited.  I can't wait to have more space (2 or 3 acres)...and more privacy. And possibly be neighbors with my brother's family and my parents!  After all this time away, that seems like an impossible feat.  I will just be thrilled to get rid of stairs and feel completely steady on my feet; and I also think that it will take us building a home to get us to stay put! Ha!! If anything will make our gypsy souls rest in one spot, surely the headache and hassle of building our home will do it.  I'm just thinking about what I want to have on our little plot of land.  I may have to get a goat or two! But we have 18 months or so before we seriously start looking to get back there.  So for now we are just focused on getting our back issues fixed, and then make sure we do and see what we want up here before we leave.  The time will fly, and we will be moving before we know it.  

Mission ball is 18 days away, and we are excited for that.  Last year when we went we had no idea what we were in for, and this year, getting to see all that Generosity:Global has done to improve the lives of so many...well, we are thrilled that we were able to link up and get involved in their mission. I will be blogging about the ball afterwards, so stay tuned for that! 

Well, that's all I have for now.  Maybe next time I'll have some pictures to post 😝.  These text-only blogs sure aren't very exciting!  I hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

Comments make my day!!! :)