Search This Blog

Verify

5/11/20

Family/Covid Update

Well, I suppose it's been about a week, and after feeling like my life has been on pause, I realize that it probably seems like I've ghosted everyone in my life except for about 4 people. 

I can't remember if I've posted here...I know I didn't on FB...that Norman's dad passed away on April 30. Emotionally I think we all feel like that time I slid off into the ditch, tires spinning, tears rolling, and banging on the steering wheel did no good, of course.  It's a helpless feeling. 

I was never close to my in-laws. There have been attempts over the years, but nothing ever took. Until now. We are getting things on track with my Sister-in-law, and especially during all this time, I'm so grateful Norman has his sister. I'm grateful our families, for our kids to have cousins on the Cannon side, even if they don't know each other now.  It's so important.  So I wanted to post a couple of pictures and let that be my tribute.  This family...these people...shaped my husband, good, bad, and otherwise. All of it had to happen just as it did for Norman to be the man I fell in love with and have made a life with.  So to all of his family, for all the good and all the light you brought into Normans life, thank you. 


Next up...how am I doing? That's the question of the year right there, and I still don't have a good answer.  I think I'm slowly healing.  The burning is easing up on me, and now, more than anything I have chest congestion and pressure.  Joint pain is very bad in the mornings, and my legs ache most of the time, sometimes outright hurting, but it's not as consistently as before.  From day to day it seems as if I'm getting nowhere, but writing down my symptoms and comparing them from week to week has helped me realize I am moving forward...slowly.  To all who have sent cards and well wishes, especially to the boys, they have been a source of so much joy.  We are so blessed, and we love our friends and family dearly.  Thank you to all who hold us close in thoughts and prayers. I will try to start being more responsive on FB...I haven't meant to intentionally go quiet on everyone.  I appreciate everyone for giving us space.  Thank you.  I hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)