Search This Blog

Verify

6/25/18

Hectic Week

Well, this is the first time I've blogged from my phone, so I'll have to see if it posts right. We already shut off cable and internet in preparation for the move, so my computer is useless right now.  I am so exhausted.  I need this week to be over so badly.  It's 11pm and I'm up doing laundry because my best friend's husband is so kind to come unhook my washing machine tomorrow so it will be ready for the movers on Wednesday.  I have huge plastic bins in the living room that I am packing up to get the kids and me through until July 6th, when we have our household goods delivered.  

I took the kids to church camp yesterday, and wouldn't ya know it...it poured a couple of inches, and my van objected so hard that it just slid off the road into the ditch.  Thank Heavens for my dad who came to pull us out.  I did not drive that van until it was time to leave...thankfully my parents helped me out by chauffeuring us around.  Thanks Mom and Dad!


Going out to the camp was so neat.  The camp was such an important part of my childhood, so to be able to send my kids is really neat.  





So now that they are safely tucked away at camp having a ball, I get the honors of cleaning out our muddy van, packing and loading the van full of everything we will need for 2 weeks, including pet food, cat litter, etc.  Then overseeing the packers and movers on Wednesday and Thursday, doing the final sweepout of the storage unit and having the cleaning crew out to our apartment Friday morning, doing a final out with the apartment office (thank GOD we were not stuck in this apartment for any longer than we were), and then I will need to finish up any other odds and ends.  Fun stuff.

We have wanted to be back in DC since we left in 2009, and I think we are still in shock that it is finally happening.  We are going to close on our house on July 2nd, but it still seems surreal.  All I know is that I know we will all feel better when we are under the same roof...we do not like being separated for any length of time, and during something this stressful...well, it's sucked.  

But we are nearing the finish line!  Norman started his job today...well, it was orientation mostly, so tomorrow is really his first real day at work.  I'm so proud of him!!! It was such a hard transition from military to civilian life, but in 4 years he has finally gotten back on track...and unbelievably enough, it's a track he wanted to be on, but didn't know how he'd get there.  God has absolutely had His hand over us and over Norman professionally.  We are just so thankful.  I'm trying to focus really hard on that cheesy "too blessed to be stressed"...but yeah, no.  We are absolutely blessed beyond belief, but I'm still feeling about 800 tons of stress.  😂

Have a great week guys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)