Search This Blog

Verify

6/9/18

We are moving....BACK TO D.C.!!!!!!

It's been a really long time since I've blogged, but I am now officially back in the game. So much has been going on, but I just sort of put blogging on the back burner.  Facebook has been my way to keep people in the loop as far as what we are up to, but I have decided that given the upcoming changes we are about to embark upon, blogging about our experiences would be the best way to go about it.  I will continue to put some stuff on fb, but the bulk of our experiences will be written about here.  

Ever since the day we drove away from D.C., watching the monuments get smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror...our hearts were unbelievably sad.  We were heartbroken to leave the only place we had truly fallen in love with out of all the places we were stationed.  We tried hard to get a job in D.C. when Norman retired from the military, but getting your foot in the door for a government job is so very difficult.  We finally were fortunate to settle down for a while in Frisco, TX, just across the street from my best friend and eventually just up the road from another precious dear, dear friend.  That nudge...that feeling of longing to get back to D.C. that we hoped would eventually fade...well, it never did.  And last summer when we took a vacation out to D.C. and Williamsburg, I cried just about every day in D.C. because even though we hadn't been there in 8 years, it felt like coming home...like we were home.  Boarding the flight to come home was the worst feeling...it felt to both Norman and me that we were leaving half our hearts there.  

But in May...last month...just one day before we closed on the sale of our Bugatti house, Norman got a job offer.  An offer that he couldn't refuse.  It's so weird...how something that should bring you so much joy could bring so much sorrow as well.  And by that, I mean that the friendships we developed here...and leaving my two best friends behind...that hurts. We literally lived on the most amazing street, and our neighbors became very dear friends.  Leaving them... that's hard.  But the need to get back to the place that feels like home...we couldn't say no.  

So last Monday I flew out and went house hunting.  I found the perfect house for us in the exact location we needed in Alexandria, and we made an offer and they accepted it.  We are pretty much done with the negotiations, and now we just wait for closing...which is I *think* July 3rd.  It has changed a couple of times, so I'm not 100%.  Norman's first day is June 25th, so we will be hanging out at a hotel in the meantime until we can close.  

What is shocking to me is that we drive out of here in 12 days.  TWELVE DAYS.  This has happened so, so fast, and our heads are spinning.  We literally have dreamed of getting back there, but had resigned ourselves to the fact it would never happen.  But God has blessed us so much, and he has worked everything in His own time.  The speed in which this is happening is overwhelming to all of us, but our prayers have been answered in such an unbelievable way.

I will be blogging about our experiences in D.C., renovations that we do on the house to "make it our own", and all of the cool outings and adventures we experience as a family. Not everybody wants to follow us this closely, so that's why I'll be blogging about most of it instead of putting everything on fb. Let's be honest...not everybody on there cares lol.  But if you want to keep up with us, sign up for updated blog posts, or check back often!  We will be in pack mode until we drive out of here, so I will be pretty quiet on here until we get settled.  To all of our friends and family; please know our door is always open to you, and you are always welcome to come visit us!  We will be your tour guides any time!!! XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)