Search This Blog

Verify

11/19/18

I Did It!

Well, after 6 years of dealing with 3 degenerated/cracked discs, I finally (with the unbelievable support from my family) had THE procedure.  I had stem cells taken from bone marrow in my hip, and they injected that into each of my discs.  The 3 days after the procedure...well...it sucked.  But it was so worth doing this instead of fusing 3 discs in my lower back.  

We ended up recouperating at our timeshare at National Harbor, because the house was on the market, and I didn't want to have to pull it for the week.  Which ended up being a good thing, because we got an offer and accepted!  It can still fall through, but our fingers and toes are crossed.  We have found a home that is a much better fit for our needs, so we hope to move forward on that home tomorrow.

I am getting really anxious for Christmas! I love this time of year, and this year we signed up to do Wreaths Across America!  I have always seen on TV the volunteers that lay the wreaths on the graves at Arlington National Cemetery, and I am thrilled to be able to do it as a family.  




Eli's Writing Workshop ended, and with the holidays and upcoming move, we pulled Chase out of his program at the same time.  He hated the dance part, but he loves the voice and drama classes, so as soon as we get settled, we plan on finding a program that offers those things closer to us.  

Norman is still Loving being back in DC.  We all are.  We have a lot of neat things coming up in 2019, and we just realize we are incredibly blessed to have this time together.  We are also looking forward to a trip to Disney and Universal Studios...ummm hello! Harry Potter World is better than alllll of Disney 😜.  It will be so neat because my parents are going, as are my brother, sister-in-law, and their two precious kiddos.  

Well, I guess that's about all I've got for now.  I've been recouperating from my surgery, so not much exciting to report on.  Hope all is well with you guys! 
Happy Thanksgiving!! Ciao peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)