Search This Blog

Verify

12/19/18

One Closing Down...One to Go!

Ahhhh as crazy as things are right now, I have SO much to be thankful for.  We closed on the sale of our home yesterday, and the boys and I flew out to Oklahoma to stay with family for Christmas. We made it in time to go to my niece's Christmas program at school last night, and that was really nice to attend.  I hate that we are so far away, but we do everything we can to be involved as much as possible.  I am so thankful to have such a close family; not everybody has that, and for me to have them, and for them to view Norman as truly another son is such a gift.  

My dad took Eli out and gave him his first driving lesson today! Better him than me, that's all I have to say 😂.  His patience is much better than mine, and he has a calmer demeanor.  Eli did great and only had one mishap where he got overly excited and hit the gas instead of the brakes and then drove into a shallow ditch.  But he didn't hit anything and he didn't get stuck, so it counts as his first successful lesson.  Dad is gonna work with him some more over the course of this week, and so to be fair, Chase gets to drive the buggy around the farm.  They definitely love spending time here on the farm.

Once we get back from Christmas, we close on our new home, and we will be moving over the weekend of Jan 5th.  I am so ready and excited to get that behind us.  We have several guests coming to visit us in the spring, so we need to get our guest room ready.  

We don't have too much to do to the house; it's move in ready, and so pretty.  We are going to knock one wall down, but we need to knock two walls down so we may do them both at the same time.  We are opening up the kids rooms to give them more space to spread out.  Besides that we are going to replace the AC/Heater, and have a vent return put in the basement/family room.  We promised the kids we would stay put in this house until they graduated, so it will be nice to get settled...finally.  We may finally get to go through ALL the boxes and donate/sell/trash everything we have been lugging around all these years.  

I guess that's about it.  Dad and I are going to pick up Norman from the airport tonight at 11.  He stayed behind to work a couple more days to save his leave for when we go on our Disney trip with my family.  I just saw him yesterday, but I don't like being separated from him, so I'm ready for him to get here.  

I hope y'all are doing ok and looking forward to spending time with family and friends! Merry Christmas friends!! ♥️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)