Search This Blog

Verify

1/22/23

Catching Up!

Hello 2023! Looks like I have a ton of catching up to do! So my last post was me explaining how our surgeries had failed, and truly both Norman and I were at a loss. We were able to only get prescriptions for our pain medications from our DC doctors one last time post surgery, but since the government ended the "emergency teledoc" services, that meant that we couldn't be given any prescriptions unless we were seen in person. And Norman and I could not commit to flying from Oklahoma to Washington DC every single month. We were struggling to find a pain management team here in Oklahoma, but we did eventually find one of the few doctors who does prescribe pain medication. Most of the doctors here only do injections, which I cannot have, so we were really worried for a while. But we did find a new medical team, and they did propose a different treatment plan...the electrical spine stimulator. So in the next few weeks, both Norman and I will be undergoing the trial to see if the device makes a difference for us, and if so, we will have the surgeries to have the device implanted. We are so hopeful, because this has a very high success rate, so we will hopefully get relief from it!

Emma has been with us now for several months, and we enjoy having her here. She moved in with us during the end of summer, but now it just feels like she has always been with us. Eli is driving now, and Chase has completed Drivers-Ed and will be getting his permit this week. It's so crazy how fast it has gone. I still remember going to the hospital to have them, and now they are 16 and 19. It goes by too fast!

For Christmas we surprised the kids by flying to Florida and taking them to Universal Studios to an event called Orlando Informer. It basically is a night time event where they only allow a small amount of guests in the park, and since there aren't as many people there, there are pretty much no lines, and all restaurants are free. Not really free...it is just unlimited food and drinks that you pay for with each ticket purchase. Everyone had a ball, and I made some cute videos of our trip...I'll link below. Norman and I did struggle a lot, and if anything it just highlighted the difficulties we both have with our backs and legs. With Chase and me both dealing with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and POTS, it was a really painful trip. But the kids had a ball, and that was the whole point. So I'd say it was still a success.  Both Norman and I did end up needing scooters, which was a completely new experience, and once we got home It took me about 9 days of hobbling around my room before I even wanted to venture out into the kitchen. It is so disheartening to see how much of a difference I have in my mobility from the last time we went to Disney/Universal and then our Israel trip in 2019. Both Norman and I are praying so hard that this implant truly will help us. For all of my readers who pray, please keep Norman and me...plus our three kiddos in your prayers. Our issues affect the whole family, so please remember the kids. 💗


That pretty much catches me up! I will post some photos below along with some little video links I made of our trip. I hope that those of you who still read my blog are having a great 2023! I'll try to not take 4 months until my next post!!! 😂 Ciao!

Universal Studios

 

Spiderman Video & Family Snippet 

 

 

 Christmas Videos!

 

Our House/Christmas Decorations 

 












And here is a picture of the kids with Nana after their Christmas performance. They are both in Spotlight Theater Productions, and Eli has one last semester with them before he graduates. My baby is grown!
😭🤯🥺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)