Search This Blog

Verify

8/14/23

Almost There...

Today the packing/moving company came out to evaluate the house and give us the estimate for the cost of the move. Next Tuesday we will be leaving for Branson, MO, and Norman and Eli will come back here to oversee the packing and the few small repairs the house needs a few days after we get settled in our temporary home. We are really happy to be making this move, but I would be lying if I said we weren't having some anxiety about all of this. We are just so broken, that the physicality of the move worries us. We always get through things alright, so this will be no different. 

Norman and the kids attended the Lariat Creek 50th Anniversary celebration last Saturday, and although I was not up for going, I was happy to have Norman and the kids represent me for the family. The coordinator had found a video of my dad talking about his love of the camp and our family's tie to the land, and they ended the program by playing that video. It was so out of the blue, my mom and brother were so taken aback that the tears really hit hard. I know for my mom, especially, it was terribly difficult. In the end, I'm glad I didn't go. I wish I was stronger sometimes, but I know that would just be too much. That place...the loss of my dad...life can be so brutal and exhausting, and learning to live with indescribable losses is so hard. You never fully recover...you just learn to live with the void as best you can and move forward by whatever means necessary. The kids have been having friends over quite a bit to eek out every last bit of summer fun out in the pool. I really hate giving that up. The lady we bought the house from put in a $90k+ pool and pool house, and she took a major loss when she sold it to us. She is just so wealthy, that it didn't phase her at all. We will be putting in a pool, but it won't be anything near the $100k system we have here. That is the saddest part for me and the kiddos; however we will figure it out and enjoy getting to design it the way we want it. 🥰 


Here are a few photos of the most recent family swim day. These days are so precious.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)