Search This Blog

Verify

9/15/26

Not Dead Yet

I don't even want to know how long it has been since I last blogged... More than 6 months? 9? I have no idea, but I'm gonna get caught up today.  This has been the most stressful 5 months of my life. I had an accident in May where I aspirated in my sleep and developed aspiration pneumonia and went into septic shock.  I was on a ventilator for 5 days, and in the hospital a total of 12 days I believe.  Healing from that was the hardest thing I had ever done, and I pray to God I never experience that again. The crazy thing is that just months after my accident, my best friend was nearly killed in a car accident, and she's currently in in-patient rehab, She has a fractured pelvis with a few cracks and fractured ribs. Not broken, thank God. But how in the heck do we end up in life threatening situations literally weeks apart? I mean, we like to do things together, but sheesh.  This is a bit much.  

I guess that's all I've got for today. My life has been a groundhog day of just surviving, so I don't have much to blog about... Wait...I do have something else.  Norman and I are going on our first cruise next month. It's a 12 day cruise from NYC to San Juan, PR. We decided to go on a cruise when I was in the hospital.  I needed something to hang on to... something to look forward to, and it has kept me motivated. Norman and I are also going to Branson this Friday to see the musical 'David' at the Sight and Sound Theater. I saw it with my best friend in July, and it was so good I knew Norman would love it.  That trip to Branson with Misty was also a motivating trip for me, and I held up pretty well.  We had so much down time to just catch up, and it was so needed. I love that girl and seeing her once a year isn't cutting it.  We will have to plan more trips and use our timeshare.  Ok, I think that mostly catches me up.  Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)