Search This Blog

Verify

3/11/19

Vacation Planning, Lariat Creek, and Custom Curtains!

What a start to a week that I'm sure will be anything but calm.  However, there is good that comes with the bad, so I will be working more on our Disney trip, finalizing dining plans, and keeping my head in the clouds that contain pixie dust and Disney dreams...and yes...the magic and wizardry that come along with Harry Potter.

This summer, on July 16th, I turn the dreaded...or maybe I should say blessed...40 years old. Dreaded, because I think for most women it is a significant, and even a bit of a painful year.  But blessed, because my dear friend Michelle never even made it to 30, and two friends never even made it to 20 while another two more friends never made it to 30, and another precious friend of mine became a widow before the age of 25.  So yeah...perspective humbles me and just flat out makes me thankful. But I'd be lying if I said this birthday wasn't hitting me harder than the rest.

This event has snowballed a little bit, with me thinking I'd just celebrate my birthday with my family at Disney and call it good.  But, I really am craving some alone time with Norman, so I brought up a cruise.  We have never done one before, (honestly I never had a desire to do one at all) but there are some really affordable ones out there!  But given the kids clubs and all that, that they offer kids on board, I probably would feel guilty if we didn't take them along, so we may get them their own separate room and just all go.  So that's at least on the table.  But then...I got to thinking that I want to do something with my best friend A...plans for doing something with my best friend B are on hold at the minute...but, I happened to see some really affordable cruises (think $250 affordable!) where A and I planned to meet up anyway, so I think I may go from no cruises to 2 cruises this summer!!! Nothing is set in stone yet, but just planning is incredibly fun, so I am having a ball with it. Part of my fun in travel is "how low can you go" (price wise).  I am so shocked that even on the 5 day cruises at $250, they give you on board credits of $200, plus other extras, so it will be interesting to see how if we do go, how it really plays out...ahem.. pays out. 😁. *Just a note my best friend's names really are not A and B 😂.  But they don't like exposure, and I can't say that I blame them. Plus, I really don't have anything more creative than that.

Today should be Eli's last dermatology appt.  All the medications he was on in his young life really wrecked his skin, but hopefully we are all straightened out.  The kids will both have to still be treated for psoriasis, as they developed this autoimmune response from the adjuvants (primarily Aluminum, which PSA here- is in your deodorants and there is a link from Aluminum deoderants to breast cancer, so we have all switched to Aluminum free deoderants.  I haven't found one I love yet, but we are still hunting.  I'll let you know if I find something wonderful.  I'm not here to be anti-vaxx...I'm here to be pro-education.  Get your children tested for genetic abnormalities to find out if some vaccines should be avoided.  Every vaccine comes with a warning in the inserts...possible side effects.  Those are there for a reason, and there is nothing wrong with making sure your children are healthy enough to receive vaccines.

I need to get all the kids enrolled in church camp this week before the prices go up.  I waited til the last minute last year, and won't be doing that again.  The improvements and new building projects at camp have just breathed new life into it.  A new caretakers home - which is beautiful and so greatly deserved! A new welcome center/cooks cabin/ first aid handicap accessible building.  And soon a brand new bath house! These additions are incredible.  What a wonderful place that has touched so many lives.   Our family is just extra blessed to be able to call it home.  It will forever hold a special, precious place in our hearts.  Below are some photos that Rick and Cathy  took after a snowfall. How incredibly beautiful it looks!!!  Thank you for allowing me to share these, Date family!!

If you are within driving distance...or flying...(I mean hey, we live 22 hours from camp, but there's nowhere else I'd want to send my children), please think about allowing your children to experience God through this magnificent place.  You can find out more by by clicking here - visit Lariat Creek!


In my last post I talked about finally getting furniture...and this week, we will receive the custom made curtains hand made with Texas sized love from our friend Yvette at The Leopard Stitch.  She made the curtains for us in our Frisco home, and after deciding this place would not be home without a touch of her magic, she so graciously agreed to make them for us and send them to us.  I got a couple sneak peaks here, which I will share with you, but I absolutely know that this will be that final touch that we need to make this feel like home, so I cannot wait to get them installed.  But for now, this will have to suffice!! 😁
The top photo is the swag that will go above my kitchen sink window, and the bottom is the stack of my panels.  The top quarter or third or so is a blue/silver/gray color, that has a decorative trim, then the pattern is the main panel design that will hang to the floor. 

I had her do 4 windows plus panels to cover our sliding glass doors in the kitchen.  I am so, so excited to get this house more put together and more our own.  I am so thankful for Norman.  He works so hard to provide for us, and we are just so unbelievably blessed. 

Alright, it's almost 7, so I need to get a couple things started in the laundry.  We have to go into DC today, so I may check with Norman to see if he wants to have dinner at one of our favorite spots. Old Ebbits or maybe Founding Farmers 😁.  Not sure if I've mentioned this, but I kinda adore living where we do.  

I hope you all have a fabulous week!!! Ciao peeps!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)