Search This Blog

Verify

4/9/20

Ramblings From Being on Lockdown...

Well, I felt compelled to write another blog about what it's like to be in lockdown.  We have been having our groceries delivered, but occasionally we have to go to the pharmacy to pick up medicines, and that unnerves me completely.  Norman suits up in his mask and gloves, and I go with him, but I stay in the truck.  I am petrified of getting this virus due to my asthma issues. Norman has been so awesome about going in and not making me feel bad, and I am eternally grateful.

With Virginia schools closed for the remainder of the year and Pennsylvania doing the same, I am grateful that at least some of the people are aware.  On the other hand, if the idiots who are still congregating would have stopped that nonsense, I think the restrictions would have been less restrictive.

Today I cancelled our summer trip...we were supposed to go to Branson and Williamsburg with the boys and a few of their best friends, but it was a necessary change of plans, even if restrictions are lifted.  It will just be too soon for us to feel safe.

Now that we have decided to move; however, any amount of vacation time and money we can save, the better. 
I am so over the moon to finally get back home to my home state of Oklahoma.

Norman and I are still struggling for our backs to heal.  Sometimes we get so aggravated at how sore our backs are, and I'm wondering if I will ever feel normal again.  It's frustrating.  When we move, we are tossing around the idea of buying a couple horses, since we really would like a couple acres of land. Or to just put them on the family farm. Who knows what will happen.  We will be moving within the next year or two, so we have time to work out the deets.

I have adored having Norman home teleworking.  I am so ready for Norman to retire.  Some people get annoyed by their spouses being home too often, but we thrive on being together, and we don't really do well apart.  I'm not clingy by nature, but we just have this peace and are thankful for every day we have to be together.  

As of April 7th, Norman and I had our first date, and I can't believe that it has been 19 years since we met, and we have been married for over 18 years.  I am so thankful for him.  He brings me joy...security...loves me unconditionally, and there is no one on earth who treats me with such love and tender care...always putting our family first, and encouraging me in all that i do.  

Before I wind this up, i have to give a shout out to my precious Sister-in-Law, Mel, for her ability to forgive us for the many things that she knows...and I refuse to disclose any of it on a blogging platform.  Thank you Mel.  Thank you for your Christ-like heart, and I hope you know just how much we appreciate your soft heart...for truly believing us when we say we want a fresh start, and we are immensely grateful.  Thank you. We love you.

Alright, that's all for now; I'm getting super sleepy.

I pray everyone stays safe.  Love to all...
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)