Search This Blog

Verify

2/9/21

Loss

It has taken me awhile to feel up to blogging. Last Saturday, January 30th, on my parents 50th wedding anniversary, my dad slipped away from us and into Heaven. He had promised mom he would make it to their 50th...and somehow that wonderful man kept his promise to her. 

I always knew it would be hard...losing a parent...but there is absolutely nothing that can prepare you for this kind of grief. 

That's about all I'm up to saying right now. But to everyone who sent cards, letters, phone calls, and gifts of food, we are eternally grateful. Hug all your loved ones. You never know when you say goodbye to someone that it may really be the last time.







1 comment:

  1. Stacey,
    There are so many thoughts going thru my mind as I read this blog post. First of all the 50-year Wedding Anniversary hit home with me because my parents had celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary only months before we lost my dad. Losing a parent was not something that I was prepared for and I am not sure any child can ever be prepared to lose a parent. It has been difficult for me to say the least and always know I am here if you need to talk.
    Your dad was not only an amazing educator but also a great man! I had been told stories about what a hard teacher he was and how tough his classes were, but I found just the opposite when I joined his class. He was very dedicated and passionate about his subject which was History and he expected you to learn. I was and still am a huge fan of History and Current Events and your dad only helped feed my interests in those topics. Your dad made learning fun and interesting and kept me captivated. Your dad expected you to complete your class assignments and to participate in his class. This taught me that you must complete your assignments in life whether is it school, career, or your personal life. Always finish what you start. Your dad was always open to talk about History or anything else that would help with attaining your education.
    Throughout my school years I developed a bond with your Dad and Mother and they always held and will hold a soft spot in my heart. Your dad was truly a great man and he supported and raised a great family. He will be missed by me and many others!
    Love you and your family!
    Terryl

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!!! :)