Search This Blog

Verify

4/2/21

It's Been a Minute...

Well, it has been a little while since I blogged last. It seems like during this little writing hiatus I have almost nothing to blog about, yet at the same time I feel like I have everything to blog about. 

It has been hard to adapt to this life...the one where my dad isn't in it. I have such a hard time just wrapping my head around the fact that my dad doesn't exist here with us anymore. I honestly don't think grief of this magnitude is something you ever "get over". I believe it is just something you learn to live with, little by little, each day. I am so thankful for Norman and the comfort he always gives me.

In March we had the craziest winter ice storm. We finally have a whole home gennie now, so that if we ever lose power in the future, it will just kick on seamlessly, and we won't have to ever worry about it being an issue. We were incredibly lucky that we were only without power for a couple of hours, because for some areas, they were without water and power for over a week. 

Last week we initiated the process to become foster and adoptive parents. We are actively working on getting the clearance to foster a sweet kiddo whom we have come to adore. I will chronicle our adoption journey on here; we are hoping that it won't take too terribly long to be approved, because we are ready to bring this kiddo home. That's all for now; I need to try to get a little sleep. Ciao 🌼🌸🌻



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)