Search This Blog

Verify

7/21/22

Covid, Round 2? Nope...Round 3


What a nightmare this past week has been. I wasn't going to blog about it, but then I decided that I wanted to make a post to be able to remember when all this mess took place.  Last Wednesday morning, Norman came into the bedroom while I was still asleep, and he woke me up with the frustratingly devastating news that he had Covid. Destroyed does not even come close to describing how I felt at hearing this news, because not only were our kids supposed to leave for church camp Sunday, but the spine surgeries we so desperately needed were in jeopardy. I had been having a sore throat, so I took a test, but mine came back negative, which I knew was wrong. By Saturday my symptoms had gotten increasingly bad...body aches that made me feel as though I had been run over by a truck (and I promise that's what it felt like as I actually have been hit by a car 😫), terrible raging headache, and a throat that burned really bad. I retested on Sunday, and of course then it showed positive. We had to tell the kids the heartbreaking news that the camp they look forward to attending all year was off...no way they could go, because even though they were asymptomatic, they still had been exposed. It broke their hearts, and it made me feel awful for doing that to them. But more devastating than that, we had to cancel our much needed surgeries, with absolutely no idea when we can reschedule. And then tonight Chase texts us from his room that he is feeling the mild sore throat that is how Norman's and my Covid started. So we are extra grateful that we kept them home from camp to keep them from infecting anyone else. To make things more complicated, our friend's daughter was supposed to have moved back in with us last week, but she had delayed her move to this Saturday. She starts her new job here in OKC on Monday, so she can't delay that anymore, but I worry for her now that Chase has it and he is upstairs, just 2 doors down from Emma's room. Covid is no joke people. Please take care of yourselves, and if you feel sick, please get tested and start on the antiviral Paxlovid to minimize the damage done to your body. I'm sorry I have no cute photos to attach to this post. My entire life this past week has consisted of living in bed and bingewatching Hulu and Netflix shows to try to make time pass more quickly. Prayers and love to all you guys...please watch out for, and take care of yourselves and those you love. If you feel sick but have a negative test result, please quarantine yourself for just a few more days and retest, just to make sure you don't expose someone accidentally. I knew I was positive on Wednesday/Thursday because I have been through this before. I promise you that it may be an inconvenience to you, but you could save someones life by being cautious. Love to all...xo

Stace




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)