Search This Blog

Verify

3/31/22

Catching Up

It's only 12:15 am here, so we are only 15 minutes into the 31st, but yesterday, March 30th would have been my best friend's 45th birthday. I slept most of the day because I wasn't feeling very well, but every second I was awake, I was keenly aware of what the date was, and so aware of the fact that time does not, in fact, heal all wounds. Grief is this strange thing that seeps into every aspect of your life, and though time keeps marching forward, all that truly changes is the amount of people in my life who have made that transition from being an active part of my life to being a painful memory and a part of my past. I guess that is the curse of getting older...you grieve for the people you lose, and someday someone will grieve for you. That's just the circle of life. 

I hate that the quality of my photos is so bad, but I'm so thankful for them, because they remind me of the time we did have. I will forever miss this sweet girl. 




Things have been so crazy lately. My mom's house was struck by lightening, and everything was either fried and melted (all the wiring completely melted), or blown up. Mom has spent the past week replacing all her tv's, security system, garage door, plus she has had to have nearly everything rewired. She had her heart checked out in the ER, and luckily she's ok, but she did have burning in her feet and legs. Her two dogs got a big jolt as they had been stretched out on the floor, but they seem to be ok. It was a really scary ordeal. 

The boys had a youth group retreat this weekend out at Lariat Creek, and an incident out there solidified the need for us to change churches. The boys, for whatever reason...maybe because they have traveled...maybe because they are homeschooled and are learning more since they can go at their own pace...whatever the case is, they need more depth from their youth minister, and I'm not sure why, but this group is so clickish that even after a year and a half, Chase especially is just not feeling a part of the group. He normally makes friends quickly, but the kids here are just not very open to new kiddos. We love going to church with my mom, and it's hard to let that go, but the boys come first. 

My back surgery is scheduled for the second week of May. Norman was supposed to have his then as well, but he found out a couple of days ago that he has a blood clot, so his surgery has to be pushed back a few months, and that was really disappointing. Devastating really, because we both really want to put all of this behind us. 

I haven't blogged in such a long time...I think because our life is pretty groundhog day'ish. Chase turned 15 in January, and we are getting ready to get Eli a car. He is ready to get a job and have more freedom, and Chase is too, but he has a little longer to wait. He at least can get his permit in July. I still can't believe our kiddos are this old. It seems like just yesterday I was taking care of toddlers, and now we are looking at the fact that Eli will graduate from high school next year. I'm not ready for that at all. Prom is coming up the end of April, and I know they are so excited for that. Where did the time go.?! I still remember getting ready for my prom! Time passes so quickly....

We got an ice cream cake for Chase this year, at his request. He isn't a fan of cake, so I wasn't able to do a cool themed cake like normal. It looked pretty plain, but it was pretty good! And I had to get a pic of him and his beanie, because he has really taken to wearing them all the time. Please disregard the Amazon boxes in the entryway. Our house is always looking like an Amazon warehouse, and I accept full responsibility lol. Thank God for my patient husband who loves me despite my relationship with Amazon. 😂


Besides that, there's not much more going on at the moment. The kids do school everyday, Norman is happy in his job and even happier that he can work from home See video of Norman and his "assistant" .We are happy just being together, staying in and binge watching everything Taylor Sheridan produces lol. I suppose we are boring by most people's standards, but we are content, and I couldn't ask for sweeter kiddos or a more loving husband. I'll wrap this up for now...hopefully my next blog will be about Eli's new car..that is hanging over my head, and I won't relax about that until we get it done. I'll wrap this up with a video clip of the last snowstorm we had for the winter. I hate to see winter end...it's definitely my favorite season. We are de-winterizing the pool next week, so I am looking forward to that aspect of summer. (Sorry about the links...for some reason i couldnt get the videos to embed into the blog page. 

Ciao for now!  Lots of love to all you guys out there who still read my random thoughts and my even more randomly timed posts!! 🤗

 Last Snowstorm 2022 - Youtube Video



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)