Search This Blog

Verify

5/7/22

Playing Catch-up!

Things have been so crazy hectic since my last blog. My mom was struck by lightening in her house...her home took a direct hit, and the electricity came up through the floor and burned her feet and legs. 

Then just this past Monday, she and my brother sustained damage from a tornado that moved up the street they live on out in the country. My poor mom just cannot catch a break. 

Last week the kiddos had Prom, and then following that, Norman and I had to fly out to DC to have in person visits in preparation for our surgeries in July. We left the kiddos home to house sit while we were gone, so I took some video of us flying in to DC, and you can see the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Menorial. We also fly right over the Potomac as we land, so although it isn't the best quality video, the kids enjoyed it.  

Much to my sweet husband's annoyance, I came across a sphynx who needed rehoming. She came to us abused and in such poor health. After a couple of thousand dollars in vet bills, she seems to be improving. She will always have a head tilt from trauma she sustained early on in her life somehow. Her little name is Hopi...like Hope with a long "e" sound. She was practically feral when we got her, and she even lept at my face and attacked me a couple of times. But she has acclimated very well, and we love her so much. Everyone, meet Hopi!


And here is a pic of the Three Musketeers all snug in their sleep sacks. 😍


Here are some prom pics from the kids' Red Carpet Gala Prom 2022 in Mustang, Oklahoma. We love these kiddos so much!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!!! :)